Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-04-2011 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber

absolute beginner tuts

hello all.

I looked at the tutorial library, but was wondering if there are absolute beginner tutorials, like handling the interface, learing some of the basic elements.

I'm asking this because i have looked at one of the free tutorials "interior design" part 1 and heard about "merge " extrude, those kinds of things.. I have already seen a few free tuts on youtube, but I was wondering if the elementary use of the interface of Maya is also being taught in one of your tutorials.

Have all a wonderful day and thanks for your answers in advance user added image

# 2 28-04-2011 , 02:31 PM
Hi,

as soon as you load Maya there will be a pop up offering you elementary interface controls, do those. Once you've finished start the learning maya section of the help files and you'll find the kind of introduction you're looking for,

gubar

# 3 28-04-2011 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber
thanks for you reply!
Yes done most of them and looking at the extended onese, so that means i am already able to proceed with the paid tutorials here already then?

# 4 29-04-2011 , 05:32 PM
Administrator
Hi there,
You should be fine with most of the tutorials in modeling and projects as they cover everything in detail. I'd start with some architecture rather than characters because it is a bit easier. These are good beginner tutorials done at a slow pace that you should be able to follow without any problems;
Victorian House
Architectural Study - The Taj Mahal
Haunted House

Keep in mind that the longer tutorials will require more effort so it can be good idea to stick with shorter projects in the beginning not to try to do too much at once, some good character modeling tutorials for beginners would be Santa, The Low Poly Characters, The Tree Frog and The Mech Warrior.

I hope you'll find something that interests you there and best of luck with learning Maya,

Nilla

# 5 29-04-2011 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi Nilla,

thank you so much for your reply. I am certainly going to use of one your suggestions, in fact one of them already caught my eye.

the only thing I am now figuring out if i should go for the credits or pay the life time fee.