Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-08-2004 , 03:07 AM

QUESTION ON TEXTURING

could someone plz give me a breif explanation on how to texture ? would appreciate it

# 2 05-08-2004 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
Boy, that's alot to ask! Well, it depends on what you are trying to learn and the approach you want to take?

# 3 05-08-2004 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
quick sheet:

Polygons- Best choice use UV maping
SubD- Works ok with IV maping but best to convert to poly for texture then back to SubD
Nurbs- your Shit out of Luck unless you want to do your nudges in photoshop or pick up deep paint 3d.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 4 05-08-2004 , 08:54 PM
i c thx. so basically texturing means creating some design and puting it in hypershade and then applying it. or am ii wrong :S?

also wats UV mapping lol. if this questions r stupid then just tell me so

# 5 06-08-2004 , 02:47 AM
UV mapping means maya takes all the vertices of a polygon object (their called 'UVs' once you UV map) and it lays them flat so that you can paint/apply a flat texture on. Once you have your texture on it, it takes that and re-wraps it around the object; giving your object texture. The really fun (and by fun I mean horrific) part about UV texturing is stitching all of the UVs together so that there isnt a seam.

# 6 06-08-2004 , 07:59 AM
Subscriber
This links might be helpfull:
link 1

link 2

Hope this helps!