Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-09-2006 , 09:01 AM

Subdivisions Bulk Update

Hi!

I'm trying to model a car in Maya 6.5 .
I already did the main part and converted it into subdivisions. Now i want to add some details to the subdivision surface, so I switched to polygon mode and now I want to split some faces and extrude them and so on. But every time I do any changes (for instance use the split polygon tool) Maya needs to calculate this changes and this often takes up to 5 minutes.

Is there any possibility to do something like a bulk update .. I mean to do all the changes I want to do in polygon mode without immediately calculating the changes for the subdivision surface. When I finished all the changes THEN Maya should do all the calculations. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

thx,
m0m0