Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-10-2002 , 07:45 PM
Kevin

VIP Subscriber Info- Important - PLEASE READ

Hey guys!

Well...as you all know by now, we are going to be releasing our new site. This will include loads of new features including the VIP points area.

I have spoke to many of our VIP members and we have decided that this was the best way forward due to the massive amounts of movie tutorials that we could then have available for download.

This is how the points feature will work.

1. £14 will buy you a on-off subscription to the VIP area; with that you will receive 14 points. This means you will be able to download movies up to the value of 14 points. You will however now have access to the subscribers section of the forum where we will add tips and answer questions regarding the tutorials.

Each movie or movie part will have a value on it ie: Shark tutorial = 1 points etc. The movies will be given points from 1 to 3 (3 meaning this tutorial is fairly long in length)

If you use all your points you can then top up points at any time for the following costs:

14 points £14
35 points £30

Right Now for you guys!

Because we are so thank full to our members that have been with us since the start of the project and for our current subscribers that are with us.... we are going to do a special deal for you guys.

Any one who is currently with us now will receive unlimited points untill the end of their subscription!

But what if.... you are coming to the end of your subscription and would like a year subscription at the old vip prices with unlimited downloads... NO PROBLEM

Just re-sign within the next day and we will make sure unlimited points are added to your account untill the end of that subscription.

This is a great offer as we will now have the freedom to add as many tutorials as we wish so the VIP tutorial section will be getting rather full.

This offer is also open to anyone who is currently not a VIP member but is a member of our forum. So if you are thinking of signing up at all then now is the best time as the points system will be going live in a day or 2.

So... a final thanks from me, Dave and the rest of the moderators and enjoy the new site and its many great features it has to offer!!

# 2 28-10-2002 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Thats far enough. Fair enough indeed. But what about people who are already members? Nothing changes?

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 3 28-10-2002 , 09:55 PM
Kevin
Do you mean as in normal board members? if so...no they will stay the same..although we will be adding some good free tuts soon as well.

Current VIP members will have unlimited downloads untill their subscription ends user added image

hope this helps mate

# 4 28-10-2002 , 09:57 PM
Kevin
Apart from that...they will get some really nice features in the new site, including a nice user cp on the main page and a nice welcome and info on that member part user added image

Im really excited about the new site...it rocks! Me and Dave are already in it using it for the last day or two, but looking for bugs user added image

# 5 30-10-2002 , 08:36 AM
Kevin
1 day left!

# 6 30-10-2002 , 06:16 PM
<-- Feels nervous ... this is gonna be great!

Great work guys, and the whole community itself! Cheers!

# 7 01-11-2002 , 05:02 PM
Kevin
sorry for the small delay on releasing the new site....we are doing more testing to make sure its as bug free as possible

# 8 02-11-2002 , 03:27 AM
Errr... I was thinking of signing up, now I have to pay 20 bucks (CND) for just a couple movies? user added image

I'm not sure now... user added image

~Raedius

# 9 02-11-2002 , 03:42 AM

Originally posted by Raedius
... for just a couple movies? ...

..hmm, How about paying 49$Us for a basic polygon modelling one (That´s one only) in a well known maya training site?

My subscription is almost ending now, but hell! I did learn quite a lot. Might as well try it. The points feature being implemented in the site is the fairest way of getting people to actually think about what they´re downloading.

Not a flame post nor anything dude. (you know I even like that game you´re programming) but ultimately I´ve seen people make quite demeaning posts (might as well be the fact that I´m a little sensitive),all around the forum. Do remember something, If you are not up for it, don´t. But do try to respect the guys work. Cause it shows. They worked.

Cheers now! user added image

darn, I guess I don´t have a shot at that member of the month thingie, I´ve been fighting all over the board. I should just shut up sometimes. Lol!

# 10 02-11-2002 , 10:08 AM
Kevin

Errr... I was thinking of signing up, now I have to pay 20 bucks (CND) for just a couple movies? user added image

~Raedius

Raedius...

sign up before the new site to get unlimited downloads for that months subscription...

but... now (in the new site yes it will change) the main reason we are doing this is basically the opposite to what you are saying... because as we upload so much data ...can you imaging e 1 person joining the site in a few months and downloading 50 hrs of movies??

can you imagine how much the bandwidth would cost us for that?

We wouldnt be able to survive. For 14 uk pounds someone would be able to access the server and download so much and there is no way we could afford to keep the server up it.

the choice was simple.... either we:

made people pay 50 bucks a month like gnomon.... or make people pay 14 one - off fee that buys them 14 points. Then let the person be able to but points from 5 to 30 points.

So after the initial tiny amount of 14 quid your account is always open.... so if you ever see amovie for 5 points you would be able to get it...

5 points would work out around £7 pounds! Now where will you get a maya training vid for £7??!!

If you find somewhere let me know so I can download them.

any way ... its up to the members... if they want to join (in which 64 have) thats fair enough..if not then thats fair enough to user added image

saying this.... if the points system is a total failure then we would revert to a one off fee, but would limit the amount of movies people where able to download.

# 11 02-11-2002 , 11:40 AM
SM Tea Boy

~Raedius

If you don't want to join don't join there is plenty here for free, many ppl here don't join its not compulsory, but if you think 20CND for around 4 hours of video is expensive your laughing i can just about rent that much footage from my local video store for that price.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"