Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-02-2004 , 05:25 PM

dynamics experiment

This is some dynamics from a simple movie I am still working on on the side user added image This is the ship inside of the landing balloons hitting the alien terrain (noob style)

Attached Files
File Type: rar softbounce.rar (956.7 KB, 181 views)

Lungs not guns....
# 2 05-02-2004 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
its kinda neat. how are the particals done. You just have a emiter at the bounce points that you keyframed on and off ?

# 3 06-02-2004 , 12:44 AM
Yeah, and then instances of spheres that stay connected to the inner ball when it bounces. they are all around the outside of the ship user added image

Lungs not guns....
# 4 06-02-2004 , 02:32 AM
Good job man!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 06-02-2004 , 02:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
neat. user added image I think it'd look more real if the explosions on collision become more subdued as time goes on.

# 6 06-02-2004 , 04:32 AM
yeah, the first impact is perfect (at least it looks perfect to me), but after that each subsequent impact explodes just as much as the first, but the ship is now falling from a lower position, so it should create a smaller explosion every time.
The first one is pretty cool though. I wish I knew how to play with particles.....

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 7 06-02-2004 , 11:51 AM
thanks user added image i coded the explosions to be just as intense proportiontely as it decends and breaks up and... just kidding. user added image

I would love to have it lose intensity as it decends, but i don't know how yet user added image I know there are particle and runtime expressions, just have not tried them yet.

I keep learning all the different aspects as I go, so when I need something, I can create it when I bui;d my own complete world soooon, or be able to work with others on a project in any capacity.

Lungs not guns....