Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-11-2002 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber

Two shading questions

Hello all,

I'm looking to finish a scene with a guy I created. I've got him all posed and ready to go to add shading and what not but before I do I have a question for you guys.

First is that I've never done shading myself. I'm looking to make a realistic skin shader but don't have a clue where to start. Can anyone help me out with that?

Also when I created the guy He's one polygonal object. If I apply one shader to him his entire body will be covered iwth it. I'm looking for primarily his face and neck to be a skin tone and the rest to be a different color and texture like an undergarment. Is there anyway to apply two shaders to the same object without overlapping them or will I have to take an alternative approach?

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 03-11-2002 , 09:21 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 04-11-2002 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
Thank you so much for the information! I knew they're had to be a simple answer to my problem. This looks like a great start to learn shading. Thanks again!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!