Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-02-2006 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber

Problem with poly selection

New problem now. Everytime I click on a poly object, im automatically able to move it without having to dragging on the move tool box/arrows. Usually when I click on an object, I wouldnt be able to move it unless I use that tool, but now it keeps becoming movable as soon as i click on it. It's a pain because I keep accidently moving it out of place.

# 2 02-02-2006 , 07:32 AM
I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but try right clicking away from your object, then click on "select all", and then left click in nothing. and try again.

# 3 02-02-2006 , 07:52 AM
Subscriber
Nope, still didn't work. :/

# 4 02-02-2006 , 05:14 PM
I think the problem is your shape is allready selected when you click on the move tool. When you tried to "Select all" everything should of been green. or white, then when you clicked away, it should of been only grey. Did that happen? Did you try simply clicking away?

# 5 02-02-2006 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
No actually it's not already selected. Let's take for example I selected the top object and I'm about to move it with the move tool, but then I accidently click on the bottom shape. Normally it woudlnt move unless it was selected, or if we click and hold on the move tool, but in this case, i accidnetly click the bottom and it moves out of it's place w/out even using the move tool.

# 6 03-02-2006 , 12:23 AM
I had a similar problem with the cursor in Photoshop, but i figured out my Wacom Tablet wasn't working properly. Check your mouse, or tablet, if that still dosn't work, open a new scene, and try to see if you have the same problem with a fresh start. if it's only in the saved one, you know it's something with that particular scene. If you still can't figure it out, maye you could send me screen shots (using the print screen button) and i could see if i find anything.

# 7 03-02-2006 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
Not sure how to show it in a screen capture, but here it is.
I started a new scene and it still does it.

Notice the highlighted sphere, it's highlighted and selected, but just by clicking on the ball, instead of the square inside it, I can move the ball already. Eventhough the ball is selected, I can actually move any other object on the screen w/out selecting it first. I'll just move the cursor to the other ball and it would select it and automaically be moveable w/out using the selection tool. The problem is here is I keep accidently selecting objects I don't want to select and it would move out of it's place all the time. I really wish I could do a video capture of it but I don't have the software for it. user added image

Attached Thumbnails