Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-12-2010 , 01:11 AM

Micro piglets stalk your Dungeon, BEWARE!

Hello! after getting both 3ds max and maya I decided to start my first project and I'm going to attempt to make the cast from Dungeon keeper. My modelling skills are currently are at novice level as this is my first attempt at modelling anything really.

When I finish University I plan to be an animator and not a modeller as I enjoy animating a tad more but for my course I'll have to learn all areas of the process and since that begins this Feb I thought I'd get a head start.

user added image

For those of you that have played the game I hope you recognise the little fellow, for those of you that haven't played Dungeon keeper you have my pity and you should really try and add both games to your library user added image

user added image

Trying to keep the little fellow as low poly as possible because from what I've read about the UV process it'll be a lot harder the more polygons there is.

Wish me luck user added image

# 2 24-12-2010 , 07:02 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Doing UV mapping sucks no matter what the polycount user added image.
Try not get bogged down to much by what comes after just focus on getting a good model and worry about the after proces later and learn along the way

Good luck