Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-12-2010 , 02:00 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok mate not too bad...did you use measurments or just by eye?? If you arent after accuracy then I guess it doeant matter, however it doesnt look right to me. I have enlarged the windows and moved them around. The internal walls on a modern house arent shaped like the roof....the ceiling goes from eave to eave dead flat..i.e planar. The shape of the roof is determined by the trusses and not the internal walls (well here in Oz anyway).

I was trying to figure out which ones are the bedrooms.dining etc etc...LOL. Ok first room on left is loungeroom?? If so get rid of the 2 windows...put a large rectangular window in each wall...lower to the groung like I have. (I didnt alter the model just moved them around...too lazy). Second on left BR1 (bedroom1) delete a window...most only have 1. 1st on right BR2 I made the window bigger, probably should be even bigger, this is usually the Master bedroom so it has extra goodies.

Last room on the right would be the kitchen/dining/games room. This will have an external door and a large window (same as lounge) to see the backyard. It would probably be next to the carport door. I think the doors arent tall enough either?? check them...in general they are not more then 0.3m down from the ceiling and about 0.8m wide.

Now what I have said here is a guide on what I know about Aussie modern homes. Where you come from might be completely different and would not apply for old homes...even here in Oz. In general every room has a window....and door of course. The ceiling is usually planar (flat) even in an open ceiling home...though some have the gyprock shaped like yours to match the roof (rare).

Hope I have been at least a little helpful if not confusing. The only thing I will ask is...do the wires come in like that when you import mate....cos they are hell messy and all over the place...

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 19-12-2010 , 02:11 AM
Lifetime Member
oh...and a dunny and and a shower LOL you dont want these people to be dirty or busting for a toilet before you knock em for six LOL.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 19-12-2010 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber
I'm interested to see how this turns out when its been chernobalized. I would have figured the best way to achieve that type of effect ( atleast for a still shot) would be to do a paint over in Photoshop, ya know, Channel your Inner Dylan Cole, or Alp Altnair, something like that. I can think of a few ways though to model in a busted wall. Basically involved all cutting and slicing poly's deleting faces you dont want, filling holes and appending to poly where and there. Normal modeling, Keep it clean then perhaps use Disp or Normal maps to give it some definition,
Or you could Do the Zbrush trick, model it in maya, as just general basic shapes, busted walls ect...then take it to Z and subdivide some, then Just layer several passes of destruction on it with random brushes that have nice crack like effects in them..

Not necessarily a big Z knowledge base by any means, but i know alot of people have used it for a weathered and destroyed environment effect.

G-man