Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-10-2011 , 02:55 AM
Lifetime Member

3D Exterior Set Design - Fantasy Landscape

I was just wondering if this tutorial would be a good reference for game environments. The description makes it sound like most of the tut uses Nurbs and it is my understanding that games primarily use polygons for their terrains.

Mike I am considering buying you newest book about game environments and props does it go over terrain making?

My end goal is being able to create large maps for MMo's are can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

- Jake
# 2 31-10-2011 , 04:39 AM
Lifetime Member
Im new to modelling for MMO man...done just a little but the engine we use has a terrain modeller incorparted in it Jake....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 31-10-2011 , 02:31 PM
Administrator
It's not a tutorial for making game environments, Mike's book would be a much better pick for that I think. Good luck, hopefully someone else can offer some help on terrains.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 4 31-10-2011 , 03:12 PM
Lifetime Member

- Jake
# 5 18-11-2011 , 06:10 PM
Lifetime Member
Just thought I would post an update on Mikes books. They are Great user added image anyone interested in game development ought to look into buying them they are easy to follow and cover a lot of information quickly.

- Jake