Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-07-2013 , 08:43 PM

Maya Software Renderer bug?

Hi there! I have an issue with Maya Software. When I render scene..... the textures just aren't on their places. Here is what I mean: https://prikachi.com/images/23/6270023Q.png
From Maya you can see where the texture should be. I watched videos on how to setup Maya Software but this is still bugged. So, if you know how to fix this, I will be the happier man!

# 2 08-07-2013 , 04:19 AM
Technical Director
It's not a bug. You're saving alpha channels in your textures. If you open your shader, and take a look at the transparency entry in the attribute editor, is there an arrow on the right side? If there is, right click on the word "Transparency" and click disconnect.

If should render correctly now.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 08-07-2013 , 08:23 PM
There is no such arrow. I have broken the connections on transparency but the texture is still not on place

# 4 13-07-2013 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
What is your transparency on the shader set at.?

It looks to me like you have some kind of transparency set there.

It should be set to black

# 5 20-07-2013 , 04:39 PM
The connection is broken. But even if it is'nt, this won't fix that the texture is not on place

# 6 20-07-2013 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
Are your normals all facing the right way out towards the camera?

# 7 21-07-2013 , 03:18 PM
What is normals? user added image Sorry, I am new to Maya

# 8 21-07-2013 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Select your object

Go to the main Tool Bar and go to Display roll out and scroll to Polygons, Face Normals
click on this and your object will now have a bunch of lines eminating from the centers of the faces of your polygon object.

They should all face the same way, out towards the camera. If not go back to the Main Tool bar and
scroll to Normals, click on Conform.

This should make the normals all face the same direction.

If they don't face out towards the camera then click on Reverse normals found in the same rollout menue.

Normals are a reference point in space for each face of a polygon or nurb.

Their angle and facing can be editted to help with rendering.

Last edited by BldRnr; 21-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.
# 9 21-07-2013 , 07:38 PM
What do you call Main Tool Bar? Yes, I found these "Face Normals" but I don't know what Main Tool Bar is. Can you show me a picture or something.. Again: sorry but I am new to Maya

# 10 21-07-2013 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
This is the UI that is at the top of your viewport. The Main Tool Bar , File,Edit,Modify etc etc across the top. This is called the Main Tool Bar , when you click on any of the headings like Create this is called a rollout.

You may want to try doing a search in the Maya Help files as well.

In there they have loads of screen shots already for you to view.

Since you are very new to Maya I highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the UI before trying to making projects.