Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-02-2017 , 04:23 PM

Render doesn't work with mental ray Maya 2017

Hey All,

So I'm pretty new to Maya and have been using Maya 2017. I have the mental ray render plugin and in render view everything shows up fine etc. but when I try to batch render my animation with mental ray
it doesn't actually render (doesn't output any images) but says its completed. (See below)

// Result: Rendering with mental ray... //
// Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

That is all I see in the script and I do know that's not what I should be seeing user added image ( I've rendered at school with mental ray and it works fine but on my pc it doesn't work.)

Anyone any ideas? I've tried looking this up but hadn't find a solution yet.

Thanks in advance user added image

# 2 24-02-2017 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
It could be a license problem. Since this year's new release of mental ray you have to have a paid license to be able to use batch rendering. Normal rendering with mental ray in Maya will work as normal you just have to buy a license if you want to use batch rendering. So if you want to render out an animation without a paid license you'll have to render out every frame manually within maya.

If you do have a license then I don't really know what is going on but it could be a problem in your render settings.

# 3 24-03-2017 , 02:58 PM

It could be a license problem. Since this year's new release of mental ray you have to have a paid license to be able to use batch rendering. Normal rendering with mental ray in Maya will work as normal you just have to buy a license if you want to use batch rendering. So if you want to render out an animation without a paid license you'll have to render out every frame manually within maya.

If you do have a license then I don't really know what is going on but it could be a problem in your render settings.

Sorry for the slow reply but thanks a lot!! You are totally right... I only have the free version. Stupid of me, I didn't realise it had that limitation. Thanks again for answering my question! user added image