Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-03-2005 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber

black lines around fur

Hi.

I am rendering out a character with fur using mental ray. Using the same settings (as far as i can tell) i sometimes get a nice render out such as the example if the character on the left in the picture i have included. Sometimes however i seem to get ghastly lines around the fur, like the example on the right of the picture. i have about 15 shots of the old man and 8 or so have this problem.

I rendered both out with premultiply on and imported into after effects with premultiply alpha channel settings.

Has anyone any ideas?

I have also posted this in rendering section. please don't kill me.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-03-2005 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
I have noticed it is around all of the character. Problably not a fur problem then. Sorry

# 3 12-03-2005 , 08:22 AM
I don't know abuot it much, but i think the problem is somewhere in render settings, cos, like matmonkfish says, the outline is around all the character.

# 4 12-03-2005 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

I had depth of field turned on for some of the shots which turned out to be the problem.

# 5 12-03-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Glad you found your solution and thank you for sharing it user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."