Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-10-2005 , 01:40 AM

splitting keys

Anyone know how to 'split' keys in the graph editor?

I have an animation for a character and I want to insert a hold at a particular frame - basically 'splitting' all the keys for all selected parts of the character at that frame and moving / dragging the second half of the all keys in the tracks to the right side of the graph editor so i create a space in between the 2 keys of the same value.

is there a way to do this quickly?

any comments appreciated much thanks
user added image

# 2 17-10-2005 , 01:01 PM
I did this last night..

You can select a group of keys in the Dope sheet then slide them to the right with no problem. I've never inserted a key in the Dope sheet but I think you can. If not, just insert it in the graph editor then go to the dope sheet and slide things over to the right.

I also discovered that you can scale your animation up or down in the dope sheet so that it can take longer or shorter to play..