Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-03-2007 , 02:19 PM

question about blend shape

i have this character that i started modeling using NURBS, after which i convert to sub div and finally to polygons so i can stich up my joints by merging vertices

the 2 methods i know of to create facial expressions are :

1) in NURBs , pull control vertices and create different expressions and after that blend shape but this will all be erased once i convert my NURBS to polygon.

2) in polygon , create face clusters then use edit cluster weight tool to create different expressions when u move face cluster.

my question is : i want to create expressions like opening of mouth and the shock expression when the mouth becomes a O.

this can be done by pulling vertices in nurbs but not polygons.

when i do rigging and animation must my character be in polygon ? can it be in NURBS?

pls advise ( sorry for the lengthy post )

thks

# 2 19-03-2007 , 04:58 PM
I think it should be able to work in both nurbs and poly. you choose which ever you like.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs