Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-03-2004 , 02:25 AM

Hello All - I want to make a Flag

Hi, I want to do somethign super simple - its for a client, I can do it in Photoshop, Illustrator, but I want to do it in Maya lol, so I can learn as well as as possibly offer different perspective shots of it.

a flag pole in the ground with the flag waviging - not animated just a still shot, maybe animate it a bit, etc. for a website presentation of it, but its for a printed piece.

and ill put a logo on the flag

That is all i want to do, and i have gone crazy trying to figure out how to do this with cloths, etc. I simply cannot figure it out.

If anyone could kindly point me in a right direction, I would appreciate it.

# 2 23-03-2004 , 09:39 AM
if it's just for a still then create a nurbs plane and tweak the CV's until you get the right amount of folds etc in the plane to make it look like a flag. You dont really need to mess with soft bodies etc to do this unless it's going to be animated. If you dont want to do that then simplt us softbodies.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB