Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-10-2003 , 09:49 PM

newb: Why is rotating joints weird like this???

Ok so im going through the Maya 4.5 Savvy Book and i am on the skeleton/joints section. Im going through one of the tutorial and it was telling me to select the Forearm joint which I created and to try rotate it on the Z axis..So i press E to rotate the selected joint but its rotating really weird. Its rotating like a screw on the Z axis and it says on the book its supposed to reach a certain number but it never gets there...THEN i try to rotate it by using the channel box and it works..

Im just confused why in joints its different when you rotate using the E tool and why its different in the channel box.

Can someone explain?

Thanks.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 2 20-10-2003 , 10:11 PM
Try double clicking your rotate tool to see if you're set to local vs. World. If one is giving you unexpected results, try the other one.

# 3 17-11-2016 , 11:03 PM
this did not help Dann. I am having the same issue as orgeeizm where the joints rotate in a drill type manner rather then rotating in their correct axis. I have been through all the axis Orientation options and they do not help. This only seemed to occur in Maya 2017 on my machine. Is there a setting I need to change?

# 4 04-01-2017 , 07:10 AM
Animfordabois, can you possibly post up screenshots to better understand?

I would recommend as well the following, hold down "E" and the left mouse button. A hotbox will appear once you do that, make sure you're on the viewport when you do this by the way. You might have Gimbal turned on is the thing!

Feel free to check out my website! (:

https://dlopezdemedrano.com