Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-05-2008 , 06:43 AM

My character's hair moves with the arms!

Hi, I made a simple chibi character for a game i'm planning, and I used rigid binding to attach the skeleton to the character skin. I'm just wondering if someone could explain why the hair of my character moves too, when I move her arms. Is there some sort of paint skin weights tool for rigid binding? If someone could please explain the steps for fixing this problem, that would be so great.

See my images to get an idea for what I am talking about.

Thanks
- Tammy

Attached Files
File Type: zip chibi.zip (109.4 KB, 179 views)
# 2 08-05-2008 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber
I'm just about to take a loot at it, but is there any reason why you did a rigid and not a soft body? I wouldn't be inclined to use rigid for any kind of organic character.

Uhh on second glance you've only attached images. That I cannot solve. I've not had enough experience with rigging to identify such problems from images in most cases. but with the scene one might be able to find out for you and give you a response.

-Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 08-05-2008 , 11:12 AM

Here's my chibi character scene

By the way, I am making this character for a game I want to make called Peoplez, which will be a human simulation game with chibi characters. I used rigid skinning because, whenever I use smooth skinning, the vertices on the character move where they shouldn't when I move any part of the character. But, the same thing happened with my character with rigid skinning. It just doesn't happen as much with rigid skinning for my characters.

I cannot attach my scene because, even in its compressed form in a zip file, it is too big for this forum. Sorry.

Thanks for replying.

- Tammy