Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 30-08-2010 , 01:46 PM
The thin red line
Thats not bad Bullet, zbrush is a bugger to get into. Now get your moster in there and do the same.............dave

# 62 30-08-2010 , 03:40 PM
Lifetime Member
Thats the intention mate...thanks! It is hard but after watching a tut for a whole 5 mins...well I had to have a go LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 63 05-09-2010 , 12:37 PM
Lifetime Member
Ok I dont know what the hell Im doing here...but here we go..this is of course VERY early stages of whatever it is Im meant to be doing..LOL

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 64 05-09-2010 , 12:38 PM
Lifetime Member
and 1 before bed...I aint gonna get this finished LOL I think Im in over me depth 'guvnor.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 65 05-09-2010 , 02:55 PM
The thin red line
Your learning. Good first try in zbrush, looks like me is lacking a rib cage.............dave

# 66 05-09-2010 , 02:58 PM
Lifetime Member
thanks dave.....no its only the initial build up of muscle detail...still have lots to do. I did a little before bed...now back to bed.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 67 05-09-2010 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber
That looks like a good start bullet. For me zbrush is/was easier to learn than maya, theres less to it, but it just takes alot longer for it to settle and feel intuitive. Putting the hours in is the most important thing, I would say.

# 68 05-09-2010 , 09:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks ben...yeh it seems easier...I gues its just getting the brain around what it can do for you...still practice makes perfect they say LOL I need plenty of that.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 69 05-09-2010 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
i see you got zbrush. trial or bought or other?

why are there sort-of-like-wing-stubs on the side?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 70 05-09-2010 , 09:56 PM
The thin red line
I think Bullet was quite clear that he got it on a trial Chirone and the wing effect is more to do with the edge flow created in maya,,,,,,,,,dave

# 71 05-09-2010 , 09:58 PM
Lifetime Member
Trial mate........wife wont let me spend the money LOL. The wings Im trying to shape as per a bodybuilder...its a little more difficult than I thought.....

You get a 30 day crack at it on the trial...so I thought why not....Mudbox I think you get the same..though the price difference is HUGE. Mudbox costa a lot more but I think you get more bang for your buck with it mate.

cheers bullet

P.S trying to get the shape as in pic. And yes dave you are right....transferring in Z and keeping the geo was difficult to say the least. I had it right in Maya but after sculpting it looks a little funky...I will fix somehow...anatomy isnt my strongest..unless its female he he he he he

Attached Images

bullet1968

Last edited by bullet1968; 05-09-2010 at 10:01 PM.
# 72 05-09-2010 , 09:59 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by Chirone
why are there sort-of-like-wing-stubs on the side?

I think they are supposed to be lats.

Nice start bullet. Some work on anatomical front is needed, nothing major, just make sure you have lots of reference.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 73 05-09-2010 , 10:01 PM

Originally posted by bullet1968
Mudbox costa a lot more but I think you get more bang for your buck with it mate.

I have a good mind to come the Australia and turn you inside out...

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 74 05-09-2010 , 10:05 PM
Lifetime Member
Steve!!! thanks mate...yeh still getting used to it mate LOL its a little hard..plenty o refs on bodybuilders. Im still waiting for that book you mentioned..or the money I should say. I looked it up it was about 35 Pound I think.

Turn me inside out?? bahahahahaha I take it you like Zbrush?? It is a lot cheaper..I know nothing about either of them LOL so take the comment with a pinch of salt..and lemon and tequila..oh I forgot you dont drink...sokay..me and dave wil drink it.

cheers bullet

Gotta take the missus in for a hospital stay so I will try and shape it a bit more...trying to get the move tool to do what I want...:headbang:

bullet1968

Last edited by bullet1968; 05-09-2010 at 10:08 PM.
# 75 05-09-2010 , 10:18 PM
I just got a copy of the latest edition of Dynamic Anatomy for about £12

I also HIGHLY recommend this book it's a strength training guide but the anatomical illustrations and insight is brilliant... Plus you get to see the anatomy of the human body at angles you wouldn't normally see in a normal Anatomy book. Plus it sports both male and female anatomical illustrations.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"