Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-12-2010 , 08:54 AM
Administrator

SimplyMaya 2010 - Subscriber Updates

Subscriber Updates on Simply Maya

Welcome to the new Simply Maya, we’ve started on the path to make some huge changes to this site over the next few months. There are a few problems with the site at the moment as we’ve just gone live, we will be working 24/7 to fix all the kinks here. If you have any problems please contact me or David so we can fix it. We will be adding more features over the next few days but for now....

The new Simply Maya has gone live with the following features:

- Lower Tutorial Prices
We’ve cut the price by 50% for most of our tutorials, please have a look around the new site to see for yourself. Note! We are in the process of updating the new points system to match the instant checkout prices, downloading with points you will still be charged the prices from the old site. We will have the new points prices fully updated within the next few days.

- Lifetime Memberships
We’ve added an option for lifetime memberships which is priced at $350 until December 31st. This is our launch price and Christmas special, the price of Simply Maya lifetime membership will go up in January. Lifetime members will have unlimited access to download all the content that’s currently on this site as well as every single tutorial we will produce in the future, at any time they want for as long as we’re here. No subscriptions and no tutorial streaming on this site, you will own the content you pay for as you should. We think tutorials are very useful to come back to for reference purpose, for this reason we decided to add the lifetime memberships rather than streaming subscriptions like other sites.

- All tutorials on Instant Checkout through our New Cart System
For those of you who don’t like our points system we now also have a Simply Maya Shop where you can purchase individual tutorials. As well we have kept our points system to allow for partial downloads if you’re only interested in specific parts of a tutorial.

- New Site Design
The new SimplyMaya follows modern web design known as web2 and is centered around functionality and navigation to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for. The site might run slow in the beginning but once we’ve worked out all the little issues this will be the fastest CG site online.

- New Tutorial Page Layout
Our content was not well displayed in the past so we’ve added more images and better tutorial descriptions to show you what Simply Maya is actually all about. We have also renamed some of our tutorials to make it easier to understand which topics they cover, renamed tutorials will still appear in “my downloads” with their new name.

- Older Tutorials Removed
We’ve taken a lot of older tuts off the site to make space for new content. As well we have removed the archive’s section as a lot of these videos were from very early versions of Maya with fairly poor audio and video quality. We do however keep a backup of everything that was ever released on the site so if you would like to re-download an older tutorial that’s been removed please send me a pm or submit a support request. The content that is on the new site is of high quality and all tutorials are compatible with Maya 2011.

- Scene Files & Reference Images
We are in the process of adding every single scene file we have to the modeling tutorials this will take a few days, for now scene files are provided with all tutorials where they are necessary such as for animation, lighting and texturing. We have also made sure that the reference images are provided in part 1 with every single modeling tutorial on this site, and we’re in the process of checking the new database to make sure everything is where it’s supposed to be. If you have any problems please use our new support ticket system and we’ll get it fixed because everything is in our database.

- Single Download Feature
We are aware that a lot of people find it very annoying to have to click every single part to download, therefore we’ve added a system to our longer tutorials with many parts where you can now download the whole tutorial in one go should you want. This system also discounts your previously downloaded parts. For now we’ve only added it for some tutorials but if it’s something that will be used we will add it to all tutorials.

- Support Tickets
As e-mail ends up in the spam from time to time we’ve added a new support ticket system (located top right hand corner menu set on the front page) to make sure you get a quick reply from us. This system can also be found in the drop down menu “my links” under the main banner on the site.

- New Content
We will start to release new content in the fields of lighting and dynamics next week. We will also start producing training for software that integrates with Maya such as Next Limit’s Maxwell and Realflow a few weeks from now.

We hope you’ll enjoy our new site, and please let us know if you have any problems with navigation or downloads. Taking a site this size live does bring some issues, and because we wanted to keep the site offline for as little time as possible these things will have to be fixed as we go along.

Thanks for understanding,
Nilla

# 2 09-12-2010 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
Cool thanks I just got the newsletter. Nice to see something happening.

# 3 08-09-2011 , 04:22 PM
Lifetime Member

What

Hi,

I´m wondering what happend about the announcment of the "Single Download Feature"? I´ve downloaded the Alien Training and there was no Single Download at all. That is a little bit annoying... Downloading a whole Videotraining is a pain in the neck. 30 Seconds pause until the next download is available, of course downloadmanager doesn´t work on the links too... I´ve got part 7 downloaded 3 times (Because of Breaks) before i realised that i had it already downloaded. Maybe you can implement this feature or use at least Downloadmanager friendly links... Thanking you in anticipation, Markus

# 4 11-09-2011 , 03:42 PM
Administrator
Hi Markus,

I know it's a bit annoying if you want to get all the parts in one go we've added single downloads for a few of the really long tutorials and we will add it to the whole site together with download manager friendly links, it will just take a bit of time unfortunately because it's not completely straight forward. Hopefully within the next 2-3 months we'll get it done.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 5 11-09-2011 , 05:00 PM
Lifetime Member
i love the single download feature ..thankyou for implementing it

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 12-09-2011 , 06:00 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi,

thanks for fast reply. I´m glad to hear that you are implementing a solution within the next months. By the way your site is great. I love the tutorials - they help me a lot. Thanks user added image
Bye,

Markus

# 7 13-09-2011 , 09:37 PM
Administrator
Thank you both for the positive feedback, it means a lot to us user added image

Nilla