Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 21-12-2010 , 06:21 PM
thanks u all bullet is it i need to adjust my uvmap??
thks joni i try to look over it

# 17 22-12-2010 , 09:15 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
omegaend: when I am trying to find overlapping UV's I find this tool help full in the UV Texture Editor. It shades all of your UVs and the ones that are overlapping are a different color. The first one is just where the tool is located (excuse the texture on there was testing the UVs and forgot to take it off on the first one). The second on is an example of the color change on overlapping UVs

and bullet, the only reason I saw those is because I just finished UV mapping my character lol.

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 22-12-2010 , 11:12 AM
Lifetime Member
sorry mate...busy last day at work yyyaaaaaayyyyyy. Ok as Oz said if you hit that little blue icon it will show you overlap and 'flipped' UV...ones whos faces are reversed in the model...I found this when doing my spitfire tutorial...as ctbram has said turn 2 sided lighting off when you model, you can then easily spot the reversed faces.

As for the UV's Oz spotted they are either underneath or on top of the others, just simply spread out the UV's on these two sections a bit more, hitting the UV colour icon will help you mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 22-12-2010 , 03:21 PM
ic ur centaur really so far i learning the geometric form 1st