Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-09-2003 , 04:16 AM

Underwater/Snell's window

Hey guys,

I've been researching ocean sample files and reading all over about how to do light rays, caustics, and all that but I'm stuck on something. The best thing is for me to show an example first of what I'm trying to achieve:

Jellyfish Animation

This is one of Alias' PLE tutorials. I've seen the jellyfish model files but the environment scene isn't included so I can't really deconstruct how they did the sun blowout as the camera tilts upwards. I tried putting both a point light and spotlight above the water to represent the sun but it doesn't show up through the water plane (just a plane with a bump map). Anyone know the best way to do this?

If anyone's interested, I've attached a small, low-res frame from my first environment attempt (near the sea's surface).

Attached Images

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 26-09-2003 at 04:19 AM.