Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-01-2005 , 12:09 AM

Maya UV mapping: creating circular UV map

Hello i am modeling a teacup and am trying to create a seamless glaze texture to wrap around the teacup. Problem is with automatic mapping it just flattens out the outside and does not make a nice circular projection. My analogy would be like that of a spider web, where there is a circular center, and then the outside of the teacup would be connected to the circular center, and distributed evenly flowing outward. So the uv spaces would get a little bigger as it flowed outwards but still retain an even distribution. Does this make sense? I think this would be very helpful to learn, maybe there is a script? I have attached an image of the map i have created so far. thank you for your help.

If you have other ideas on the texture or how to create seamless wrap around textures i am open to that as well.

user added image