Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-07-2006 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber

Bex - low poly game character

While I had no internet I got busy

Not only did I get my showreel and new website finnished I also stated this new project ..... Bex

The aim was to see how well I could make a low poly game character. To go with her will be a small one man space ship thinge that I`m going to start soon but for now here`s the mechanic... (3968 polys)

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Higher res poster

user added image

# 2 30-07-2006 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
the last picture is a bit wierd compared to the others what did you do to the hair, it's pudding bowl round. well thats the only prob i see it's sooo sweet and i love the textures

# 3 30-07-2006 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
I put a transparacy map on it as I did not like the pointy ends.

thx for kind words

# 4 31-07-2006 , 02:40 AM
Subscriber
Very impressive! The texturing job is just wonderful! You painted that all yourself?

# 5 31-07-2006 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
apart from parts of the shoe and the pockets on the jeans (which were both photo ref) yes it was all me.

thx

# 6 31-07-2006 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber
well i love it. good job man, she looks like she would fit right into my sims game

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 7 31-07-2006 , 07:34 PM
hey neil, been a while since you posted, just checked out the site, looking cool. I like what you've done with the character, prefer it to the woman in office ghouls. I agree with the others as well, you've done a nice job on the texturing, really helps the model. How's the job hunting going?

# 8 31-07-2006 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
Glad you liked it.

Only just had the internet put up here in the farm so been offline for awhile.

The texturing lost me alot of marks in office ghouls ( had a long chat to phil) and therefore that was first order of things to learn. I also been working on cloth and hair which I`m using for the first time on my challage enerty.

Not having any luck looking for a job so far thats why I was working on a low poly character. (P.N - the hands and eyes are from the office ghouls character)

Its the first of 4 planned characters and some space pod/ships.

I`m also starting office ghouls again with much better textures lighting and characters.
(I still like the story just not the character looks)

So lots for me to do this summer.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 31-07-2006 at 11:03 PM.