Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-10-2006 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber

Game Challenge - petrol

I'll do some sketches tonight and hopefully post the 'big idea' on friday.

Haven't decided on a final idea but I'm thinking of a 1 or 2 man vehicle, I've narrowed it down to either a futuristic or military theme, but I'll need to look around for some inspiration before i decide.

Good luck to all, looks like a really fun task!

# 2 08-11-2006 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
I'm still alive.

Right I'm only as far as finishing up on the concept, but so far I've been working to create a kind of 'speeder'. It'll be a 1 seater with room for a 2nd rider as a passenger only, much like a motorbike.

I've taken bits and peices of inspiration from the following: A ducati 1000 road bike, the speeder bike found in the forest scenes in Star Wars ep6, and the ghost vehicle found in Halo.

I'm happy with the way its coming together, its just taken me a while to get here :/ I'll catch up!!

# 3 26-11-2006 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
Oh dear. Seems I'm almost out of time already, but I'll post my unshaded concept drawing anyway. I'm still going to work on it, as I reckon it could turn out pretty well with some decent detailing and texturing. It's basic but I've not had the time to really sink my teeth into this project so far. Shame we dont have 2 months again - I conclude: real life sucks. :attn:

And no, I know the weapon isnt visible user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by petrol; 26-11-2006 at 08:49 AM.
# 4 03-12-2006 , 05:21 AM
Subscriber
Well, challenge is over (well done to those who finished) but i really want to give this a go still, so im moving this to a WIP thread.

# 5 03-12-2006 , 06:46 PM
hey petrol. Nice design - looking forward to seeing some updates. How do you plan to model this - polys or nurbs?

# 6 04-12-2006 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
Thanks arran!

I'm going straight in there with polys. I've made a little progress, pretty happy with what I have so far, lots and lots still to do though - quite looking forward to adding the bottom section of the hull to make it look more 'whole' ( and also because it will house the guns :bandituser added image and adding some hand controls. Obviously the above view below is still in 'half' hence the line down the centre.

I'm gonna try and do the hand controls tonight!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by petrol; 04-12-2006 at 07:18 AM.
# 7 04-12-2006 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
man where wer u 3 weeks ago - this looks like a great start
:attn:
(although i would start a new thread in the w.i.p or see if u can get this moved.)