Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-08-2008 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber

portrait of an old guy

haven't posted anything on this forum for 2 years now. anyway this is a model i've done a while back and i've finally decided to slap some texture on. Critiques are welcome

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-08-2008 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
beautiful texturing

the hair (or lack of) looks rather dark considering how short it is

is it me or does he look like he's got a saggy woman's chest? user added image

awesome tattoo design. you made that yourself?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 18-08-2008 , 12:19 PM
Acid44
^ what he said

also, that's amazing man keep up the good werkses

# 4 18-08-2008 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for the crit.
Let me explain the feminine look with the saggy boobs. The boobs was a result of the source image I modeled the guy from. I reckoned old men after a certain age develops an enlarged feminine breast look or probably I over accentuate it. I agree with you guys on the hair issue. I think it looks like a blurred dark spot on the head in this low rez jpeg. I will try and post a high rez jpeg. O yea the tattoo was not my design; I found it online while goggling tribal tattoos.

# 5 19-08-2008 , 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
Theres something about this guy thats creeping me out, the really skinny arms and the saggy man boobs + the crazy degree of skin discoloration, looks more like a creature than an old man. In some of the areas the discoloration actually looks like strange shadowing so it took away from the believablity for me. Its not bad just that thing thats bothering me.

- Genny