Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-09-2010 , 11:09 AM

solar system

# 2 07-09-2010 , 04:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
Cool, nice job. Although Jupiter is spinning like a whirrlygig. Might want to slow it down a bit. Also it's a bit hard to get a feel for a spatial sense of the planets; if you pulled back a bit to show the orbits, that would look good.

# 3 07-09-2010 , 04:55 PM
The thin red line
Hi maheshsubbiah
Also think about lighting, the sun is the sorce of light and the shadows should be dark or black............good work....dave

# 4 07-09-2010 , 06:19 PM
@stwert: Thanks.

when i started making it I was using the table from the below mentioned link to make this project.

I started with a ratio where earths rotation 1 day= 1sec. =24 frames. Even with this ratio i was running into millions of frames for neptunes revolution around the sun.

So gave up the idea and started making it with approx.values. T

The wobbly movement of jupiter is bcoz the jupiter's inclination axis is 3 degrees. Was working perfect before but accidentally i must have freezed the transformations changing the local axes to world axes. I realised it after i rendered the complete thing. Thought i would get away with it and no one will notice it.

You got me there.

https://www.windows2universe.org/our_...ets_table.html

https://www.sciencenetlinks.com/inter...lanetSize.html

@Dave: I have used a point light inside the sun and played with the translucence values of the sun material. There is no other source of light other than the sun.

cheers
Mahesh

# 5 07-09-2010 , 09:20 PM
Lifetime Member
That is pretty damn good mate!!! yes Old Jupiter has had one too many lagers by the looks of it..LOL.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 08-09-2010 , 11:08 AM
Thanks Bullet

Yeah U r right. A drunk jupiter user added image user added image

cheers
Mahesh