Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-05-2003 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber

Plugins?

Plunins? I'm not sure If I'm doing this right but after I download a plugin from a site and unzip them I'm not sure on where to put then after I unzip the download? theres a sub folder that says scripts but has other folders in side of it/startup/unsupported/others/ so should i drag and drop them into the unsupported folder?
Thanx for your time
-Ron-

# 2 14-05-2003 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber
plugins normally get installed in you instalation directory

eg. C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya5.0\bin\plug-ins

if they are scripts than they get put somewhere else. You should see if there is a readme file that tells you exactly where to put the files.

# 3 14-05-2003 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
I know that sounds logical reading the read me file but, every file I downloaded don’t have one, which I thought was strange? I had opened up the scripts to see if it shined any light but all I get is Binary file /ASCII file/ and Scripts file? With out any directions on how to load them in. Since I’m new at this I don’t want to put stuff in the wrong folder, to keep every thing clean, But thanks for your helpuser added image

# 4 14-05-2003 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber

# 5 14-05-2003 , 07:36 PM
Holy Christ. That was another thread. user added image
LOL.

# 6 20-05-2003 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
Please don’t shoot me for being such a dumb user added imagebut, yes I’m still having trouble with plugins. Is there a tutorial that tells you how to load in cretin files into the right folders?

(1) ASCII
(2) Binary

Are the only files that I don’t know what folder they go intouser added image