Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 121 21-07-2006 , 04:12 PM
im watching e-ring "the general" episode right now... my frist contact with the series btw, i understand it was made on 2005, and its oh so wrong at so many levels... both in the big picture and in the details (not to mention the subplots and the style) that it is actually funny... like a really really bad joke...

Last edited by dragonfx; 21-07-2006 at 04:30 PM.
# 122 30-07-2006 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
Mad me smile for a while though.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 123 31-07-2006 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 124 02-08-2006 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 125 04-08-2006 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber
opinions ey?

well, mine is that israel is overreacting. Two of their soldiers got kidnapped right? Soldiers, no civilians, no suicide attack. As a response, three weeks later over 900 lebanese people are dead (about 60 israelis are dead as well) and the lebanese infrastructure has been shot to pieces.
The useless UN is just looking at it with their hands tied, manly because of stupid US gouvernment policies and their veto right. My stupid bitch gouvernment is supporting this as well of course. Since in germany you cannot say anything against israel without being a nazi, and our head of state has recently sucked up bushs arse rather deep.
Of course israel had to do something and I do understand their situation. Being surrounded by a lot of countries that would rather whipe you of the map they have to show strength. But if the israeli army continues to kill more civilians, they are no better than any terrorist organisation. But since they have the ratification of the UN (actually the US, but we all know that) it doesn't matter and they are free to continue bombing.

Agin, I am not saying israel is not allowed to defend their country. But it's they way and the arogance they do it with which pisses me of.

# 126 04-08-2006 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber
Very good point.

As the protests that are going on here (small that they may be) show, people don't want to be associated with this thing. If you think about it why would you. What are there children going to be like? After they have seen their parents killed by bombs sent by Israel and supported by the UK and US. Are they going to take revenge on the Governments? Are they going to take revenge on the company's like Haliburton and Exxon who make millions stealing oil and other resources from these destroyed countries?

Of course not, they will turn their anger and vengeance to us.

Anyway, some more environmental news from around the world.

Ex US president Bill Clinton tries to pull together world Mayors to solve the problem of Climate Change.
https://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...21704BA16C.htm

Top science plea for more development into energy efficiency.
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5244240.stm

Take care people, where ever you are.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 127 15-08-2006 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 128 04-11-2006 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
Well I know I haven't be around here for quite a while but I thought I would come back and touch base.

What I have been up to is working with Colchester Friends of the Earth, trying to do their web site (www.ColchesterFoE.org). Also made their MySpace site, the first Friends of the Earth MySpace site (www.MySpace.com/colchesterfoe).

Also redone my two sites (www.Optical-Minefield.co.uk and www.MySpace.com/optical_minefield).

Also restarting my WIP of the Oliphant.

I was also at the I Count event in Trafalgar Square, it was pretty cool so if there are any other people here who attended then gimme a shout.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 129 07-11-2006 , 09:16 AM
Subscriber
# 130 07-11-2006 , 10:23 AM
Subscriber
If it was as far away as 100 years then I might still care as I would worry about my children and their children.

As for Penn and Tell, well I have already see them and like the majority of their show. I agree with them on Peta and it's not an charity I support. Since they were made the science has come on soo much that 90% of scientists agree that we are causing the changes and it is going to get bad in our lifetimes.

That's roughly the same percentage of scientists that believe in evolution.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 131 07-11-2006 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
Not that I put P&T to debunk any thing you have posted, Just to try and help to make people look at things critically and find things out for them self. Green peace and PETA like to give scare tactic to create a mass hysteria to scare the weak minded, and I have to disagree on the view of 90% of all scientists agree with your statement, as I could link websites that would give a lesser percentage that you have given. But I’m going to leave it at this, for some reason I’m a thread closer on this site. user added image user added image

# 132 08-11-2006 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
I think if I was going to side with one side of the argument I would rather be on the side of the majority of world science rather than two Las Vegas entertainers.

The issues with Greenpeace is slightly different, they are talking about GM food with is something I haven't fully made up my mind on. My main area of concern is Climate Change which has gone past the point of denial.

It is good to see that many Americans are talking note, Al Gore has done a fantastic thing bringing the issues to attention and people like Arnold Schwarzeneegger are working hard to make real world solutions.

So probably the best option for us would be to agree to disagree.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 133 08-11-2006 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber
Agree My manuser added image user added image

# 134 15-11-2006 , 04:20 PM
amusing... holliwood as an industry is the second most polluting industry... second only to the petrochemical industry.

And the new pcs are hungry for juice... so much that 1000W power converters can be bought as a standard commodity... an lo and behold the hungryest components are/will be the DX10 cards... cant wait to see how much consumes the DX10 monster from ati...

At this pace soon it will be more environmentally friendly to send slug-mail than e-mail

Attached Images
# 135 15-11-2006 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
I say we go back to the stone age, live in caves, eat plants and bugs, let he O-zone repair it's self and start again.:attn: