Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-02-2008 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber

i purchest mudbox

hi

As the title suggests i just purchest mudbox, i just wanted to know from you friendly sm guys if it were in my best intrest in investing in a drawing tablet (Wacom) for when i use mudbox or zbrush. Does it make to whole sculpting process easier?, or does it make no difference at all?

p.s What drawing tablet would you guys recommend for mudbox or zbrush?

Last edited by jali; 06-02-2008 at 01:24 AM.
# 2 06-02-2008 , 01:35 AM
Lifetime Member
A tablet is a huge help in a sculpting app like mudbox or zbrush,no comparison really.
As far as which tablet to buy it's really about how much you want to pay, you really need one with a pressure sensativity though and you can't go much wrong with a Wacom but there are some cheap tablets that do quite well but simply don't have the programing functionallity ect.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 06-02-2008 , 03:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by jsprogg
A tablet is a huge help in a sculpting app like mudbox or zbrush,no comparison really.
As far as which tablet to buy it's really about how much you want to pay, you really need one with a pressure sensativity though and you can't go much wrong with a Wacom but there are some cheap tablets that do quite well but simply don't have the programing functionallity ect.

thanks for the heads up,

i'll probably get a wacom tablet,

# 4 06-02-2008 , 08:50 AM
Ohhh yes, a tablet makes all the difference, I tried to use a mouse with Zbrush for a bit, it was like using a brick to fold paper.

I got a cheap trust tablet for about £20-£25, ive had it for about a year now and ive had no problems with it at all, and it goes to and from uni every day, when it does give up i'll invest in a wacom.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 10-02-2008 , 08:29 AM
Subscriber
a nice size is a A5

Not to big not to small.

the bigger you go, the more you have to move your arm. And i have figured with my A5 i can just rest my palm, and start drawing.

I have not tried smaller ones, well i did but not long enough to see if its useful.