Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-08-2016 , 02:07 PM

obj uv mapping

Hi.

I'm having a problem with the UV mapping.
I have a character model that I'd like to make a UV map for, but the problem is when I load the character with her pet (its a flying ball) I only get the UV map of the ball.

When I load the character seperated from the ball when I deleted the ball in Maya it still doesn't show any UV mapping.

And when I seperate the ball and the character from each other in Cinema 4D (where I made both of them) and then import the character to Maya and try the UV mapping, it doesn't give any UV map either. I did get an error about some texture thingie, but there were no textures on her in the first place. She was litterally completely white!

Oh, I also always get some error if I don't save something. It says that it couldn't save it and asks if I'd like to write a report to Autodesk. But that's not really that bad.

Anyway, please user added image

# 2 04-08-2016 , 02:12 PM
Oh, I found the Error. It says:

Failed to finalize the color transform.

And below in a red bar it says:

Error:file:C:/Autodeks/Maya2016/scripts/others/textureWindowCreateToolbar.mel line 1783: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null.