Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-10-2011 , 05:31 AM

Techniques for modeling teddy bear

Hey,

I haven't been using Maya for a few years and it seems I forgot everything lol. It's all coming back to me as I play around with it again, but I don't remember the techniques for modeling characters. I want to model a simple teddy bear I have, but I don't know how to do it. Should I start out with NURBS, make parts, convert to poly and union? Should I make curves and loft, or should I start with primitives? Should I go straight with poly and keep extruding? Should I bother with SubDiv? I don't even remember how SubD works...

I don't have too much time to watch long tutorials, and I need this model soon because I'm going to need this for a course on rapid prototyping. We have 3D printers where we print out 3D solid models then cast them. This one will be cast in glass (I don't even know how that works, I'll find out in 2 weeks).

Any pointers appreciated.

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 23-10-2011 , 09:56 PM
The thin red line
Just use polys that is the easyest way, start with primatives and build on that...........dave

# 3 23-10-2011 , 11:30 PM
Ok can you elaborate more on "build on that" ? Are you thinking of modifying primitives with soft select, boolean union, then use sculpting tool?

I need to have a process in mind before I start.

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein