Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-10-2009 , 09:57 AM

export animation..........?

Hi,after a long time I'm asking you a doubt guys.......
now I'm learning a,b,c,d s in animation.
today I modeled and animated a fan,I copied/instanced that fan,only fan was copied,what about animation for 2nd fan?
HOW TO EXPORT THE ANIMATION OF ONE OBJECT TO ANOTHER?

# 2 30-10-2009 , 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Try using the "duplicate special" operation and set the options to use "Duplicate input graph". The keys should copy over now.

- Genny
# 3 31-10-2009 , 10:12 AM

Originally posted by GecT
Try using the "duplicate special" operation and set the options to use "Duplicate input graph". The keys should copy over now.

very very thanks for your help.........
now another question,
I animated a sphere,now I want to animate a cube as same as sphere,how to export the animation of sphere to cube?

# 4 01-11-2009 , 08:16 AM

Originally posted by 3ddon

now another question,
I animated a sphere,now I want to animate a cube as same as sphere,how to export the animation of sphere to cube?

please any one help me........

# 5 01-11-2009 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber
i've never done it before but you might be able to use the trax editor to export and import an animation

take a look at the maya tutorials that come with maya it will tell you something about the trax editor

also...
i think you might be able to see the animation in the hypergraph after some fiddling around? only seen it with set driven keys but you might be able to copy that animation and set it's inputs to the cube

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 02-11-2009 , 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Chirone
i've never done it before but you might be able to use the trax editor to export and import an animation

take a look at the maya tutorials that come with maya it will tell you something about the trax editor

also...
i think you might be able to see the animation in the hypergraph after some fiddling around? only seen it with set driven keys but you might be able to copy that animation and set it's inputs to the cube

thanks for your help,I'll try.....