Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-11-2005 , 11:30 AM

mirroring my subds

I have got really far with my car modelling and I am now at the stage of mirroring mu subd geometry, but it is casuing a few prtoblems. Firslt when i select a piece of my car, for examply my back window, and I go to mirror, it mirrors wrong. I have treied it in all the axis, yet even when it reflects in the right access it is still not a 100% mirror, as it has to be rotated manually etc to get it looking exactly the same position as the other piece? Whats the problem?

Also I have found that when I have mirrored sometimes thge actual subd surface turns into a poly? Please help.

# 2 07-11-2005 , 09:04 AM
Subscriber
are you mirror via duplicate with a negative scale or from the subdiv menu? I'm guessing the menu, since you're getting conversion to poly. as for position, you may need to redifine the objects pivot point.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 07-11-2005 , 03:10 PM
thanks for your help