Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-09-2004 , 02:03 PM

Viewport slowdown???

Hi all,
Does anybody have a soloution for this little problem? I load my scene and all seems well, rotating round the viewport seems fine, then i turn on the textures (6 key) after this the viewport becomes extemley slow! After playing around with a few things i found that if i go into the shading menu and turn off the filtering in hardware shading all seems normal again aside from my textures looking horrible user added image What could be causing this, my card is a Quadro FX 3000.
Any help would be cool, thanks.
Jimmer

# 2 06-09-2004 , 02:21 PM
Perhaps you could tell us what the scene contains... and how much ram you have? Sometimes Maya can run with a lot of faces and vertics slowly, but that effect is (depends on the texture) sometimes doubled or more when you turn the shading on in the view.

# 3 06-09-2004 , 02:25 PM
The Maya Mountain
How big are your textures?

If you have a really heavy scene, displaying textures is going to slow it down. Displaying lighting even more so.

# 4 06-09-2004 , 02:29 PM
The scene I use makes no difference, i've tried it with only a simple plane with the same result, as for ram i have 1gig.
Also i'm not using any lighting, just the default?????
I'm stumped user added image

# 5 07-09-2004 , 02:59 PM
Try updating your video card, directx, the whole bunch (and try to make sure you have enough spare room in your central disk (C:?), but then other programs run slow as well...). The first usually works. Hope this helps!user added image

# 6 10-10-2004 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
This might seem a little simplistic, but don't forget to change your monitor refresh rate.