Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-01-2007 , 12:12 AM

One UV Set on multiple objects

hi,

i did a scene with a lot of flowers, all are the same object, i only duplicated them. Now i wanted to make a map but then i realized that the uv map i created is not on all objects. Only on the one i created it. I want all flowers to have the same UV set so that i dont have to uv map every flower.

Thank you for your help

# 2 29-01-2007 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
Hi e-anima,

just wound a way you can do this, found it while reading up on "Map UVs to a smooth model and transfer to the original", of all places...user added image

Anyway, select the flower that has the correct UV map on it, then shift select the one you want to copy it to. Go to the Polgons menu and select Transfer[], make sure you've got UV Sets selected and hit apply.

Theonly 'drawbacks' I can find is that you need to select two objects each time you apply the command, and that you can only transfr the UVs to one object at a time.

But hey, sure beats duplicating and translating the UV mapped flower all over again..

Simon