Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-12-2007 , 03:55 PM

Project WIP blog

Hi guys,

This thread is going to show the progress of a project I am working on.

Along with me I am working with another person on this, we are creating work in order to get representation as animation directors in animation.

::: Read Script at bottom of blog first to understand things more clarity:::
Blog URL

The work on the blog is mostly rough and the animatics (may not make sense to you) are devices to help us with timing and shot planning rather than to pitch at this stage.
(no sound yet)

At the bottom of the thread you will see an early script which will help you understand the idea and the direction we are going in. This is rough and the details have changes, the script will be updated in the future to accommodate for these changes.

At this point we are still stylising and we go on the work ethic of not touching software before we know the stylisation and what will be appropriate for the piece.

The final output will most likely be a multi plane piece incorporating many mediums including CG which will be treated in compositing.

The project will be completed by May next year.

As to the most recent video on the blog, the piece is rough and previz is used to clarify camera shots that where too hard to concrete on paper (it is nowhere near finished, so many shots are missing which will most lightly destroy clarity for you).

The notion is that the two begin to conjure an energy in the center of the world inside which an ethereal, surreal dance takes place where it is possible for them to meet mentally (this section will be very stylized as final, please ignore motion + animation it is just used to fill the spaces to work out timing at this stage).

The energy and connection they make here is what allows them to rise and connect in their physical world. The piece ends with them blasting up in the environment and connecting into a filament which illuminates and spreads energy to the rest of the brain, the piece will end simply with a mans' eye opening.

In January and June we will post a fully composited animatic with sound and some concrete stylizations, character turnarounds etc.

I hope the idea in the script is clear, any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated especially concerning clarity, timing etc.

Along with the new animatic are animatics from an old idea that never really worked (we are aware of how bad it is user added image )

Enjoy

C+C welcome

Blog URL