Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-05-2003 , 07:35 PM

Error with Maya 5.0

Hi,

sorry to bother with another question after only a few hours... but I still have some doubts on the startup of Maya 5.0.

Whenever I start the program, just before the initialization process is completed, the following error message is displayed in the Command Feedback line, for less than a sec:

Error: Could not create command port : old-odxe7caj97o:7845

If then I open the Script Editor to display more of the history, I can check that this error message is located among the very first command lines, as follows:

file -f -new;
// Result: ./untitled //
docServer(1);
// Error: Could not create command port : old-odxe7caj97o:7845 //
// MayaLive version updateRendererUI;

Could someone please explain the reason for this error?

Still I do not understand why the Output Window shows up everytime I start Maya 5.0.

Thanks again for your help,
Avoosl

# 2 25-05-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
not beeing able to open a port usually means you dont have the right to do so. maybe you have firewall software running - or you dont have a privileged account. other than that i dont know what exactly causes the problem within maya - i dont see that error when i boot up maya. maya should try to listen to that port - after i open maya this port is open.

and dont worry to bother too much - only because you are new to maya does not mean anybody here will rip of your head user added image

# 3 26-05-2003 , 10:25 AM
Thanks for your answer!

This morning I started Maya... I was not connected to the internet and I noticed that in this situation the error does not appear...

I couldn't check it better, but could it be that the error in question was caused by mIRC, which usually opens other ports and that I was using yesterday when the error message appeared in the Command Feedback line?

Anyway, does this represent a problem for the functionality of Maya? Why, however, Maya should be try to listen to that port?

Thanks again!

# 4 26-05-2003 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
it should not represent a problem for the functionality of maya unless you try to network render. but dont ask me how that works, i dont know.