Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-02-2011 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber

Power Loader from Aliens - Tweetytunes

What a way to celebrate my 1500 post then putting something in the finished section of this site for a change.
Been going over some of my old models and re-rendering them and setting them up a lot nicer than they used to be. Here is my Powerloader.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by tweetytunes; 13-02-2011 at 01:43 AM.
# 2 13-02-2011 , 03:53 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice. I thought this was textured at one point?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 13-02-2011 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
No it had some basic shadders on it and that was it - Speaking to some guys at Escape Studios this week and they gave me some pointers about my work before I start my course there in May. One of which was try not using models if not textured apart from nice detailed shot of just the model - blagin some cheap texture tricks brings down the standed of the model.

Plan is to get this guy textured, but need to finish off one or two things first (including finishing off my Grimlock animation - whats that now about a year) and also getting back to my challenge entry today.

Presenting it like this means I can use it to showcase my work and if I ever get the rest of it done I can also still use it as a WIP.

But for now thats it done

Last edited by tweetytunes; 13-02-2011 at 09:46 AM.