Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-09-2002 , 03:52 PM

Nice shading on untextured model?

How do people get that smooth creamy looking texturing on an unfinished model? I think that's much more comfortable to look at instead of the dark grayish/black stuff that I normally have. Look at 'Bulletproof's' in the Challenge forum.

# 2 07-09-2002 , 03:59 PM
Supreme Being
you can get the same creamy look by fixin' the lightin'.. don't use the default ones..
i recon thats what bullet did too.. user added image

# 3 07-09-2002 , 04:17 PM

Hehe, sweet I just upped the intensity and now it looks much nicer. Thanks!

# 4 10-09-2002 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber

Light Setup

Haven't seen this thread before....just want to tell you want lights i've used.

one Spot-Light at the Top right, which caused the shadows. Color is white, intensity is 1.5 or something like that.

Than another light at the bottom-left. Light blue with an intensity of 0.5 (no shadows, because to many shadows are a No-No in CG for me)
and again a point light with a light orange touch on the bottom right with an intensity of .75

It's not the best light setup, but works quite well for modelling and testrendering.