Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-12-2010 , 02:50 PM

Cartoon Walk-Finished work

Hello friends,

Tried a cartoony walk with reference from animators survival kit. Please let me know what do you think of it.
Thanks all in advance for watching.

Regards,
Mahesh

Double Bounce- Cartoon Walk on Vimeo

# 2 23-12-2010 , 03:07 PM
Administrator
That's great Mahesh. So funny, I love ituser added image

# 3 23-12-2010 , 04:35 PM
EduSciVis-er
That's really great! Lots of energy. I'm not sure, but looking at the side view, there doesn't seem to be much up and down movement, especially in the tail and head I think. With that much energy, I would expect quite a bit of bobbing up and down, instead it's relatively static. Keep it up!

# 4 24-12-2010 , 11:11 AM
@ Nilla: Thanks. Glad you liked it.

@stwert: Thanks for ur comments.

If i am thinking right (correct me if i am wrong) that the tail should move in counter to the bodys up and down movement. The walk cycle which i referred from the book has one up and one down movement (body) after every 4 frames.

Technically if i follow it, i found that the gap of frames (4) for the tails extreme movements were too less. The movement looks very wild. Confused, i kept it in center with very less movement.

Also i guess the length of the legs of the character makes a difference. I am sure would look very different (not so energetic) on a taller character. Have to try it

Stwert, not seen any animation from you for a long time. Are you working on something?

Mahesh

# 5 24-12-2010 , 01:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Haha very cool. Well Done!!

That book is excellent by Richard Williams - just to name drop I worked with his son Alex on the movie Marmaduke - he's a very talented animator and has a great sense of humour too

I would advise every wannabe animator to get this book too!! It is excellent.

Jay

# 6 25-12-2010 , 07:27 AM
Thanks Jay,

True, This book is the best for any kind of animator.

Mahesh

# 7 25-12-2010 , 10:44 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

# 8 25-12-2010 , 06:40 PM
Yes murambi,

The animators survival kit by richard williams.