Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2005 , 04:00 PM

Building effect

I'm fairly new to Maya, about 4 months now, and we got a job in calling for some 3D animation. The client wants the scene to go as follows.

Start off with a shot of blueprints.
The buildings then animate on to look like they are being built on.

I got the modeling done easily, and the texturing was no problem. I did a test render and added a building effect in After Effects that looked fairly good using various masking techniques, however this was done on a still image. The masking becomes much more complex when the still is replaced with a movie containing camera movements.

I was wondering if there was any way to do this effect in Maya, I'm sure there is and I just don't know about it.

Thanks

# 2 03-02-2005 , 04:31 PM
Lifetime Member
The visability of geometry is keyable, although that might be a long time consumimg way to go about it.
Maybe an expression to make the geo visable at set intervals/frame might be a way .