Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-03-2005 , 03:01 PM
Subscriber

Aligning the Move tool

For some reason my Move/ scale etc manipulator is not at the centre of the desired object but at/around the origin. How do I move it so I can scale and move via the centre of the selected object.

Thanks

Mike

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 30-03-2005 , 03:55 PM
to center the pivot.....goto Modify>center pivot (while your object is selected)

and while the object is selected press 'F' on the keyboard to bring the object into focus. It should now rotate the way you want it to. user added image

# 3 04-04-2005 , 12:27 AM
Exactly what Saiyan said, and one other thing to. If you want it in a custom location, press insert on your keyboard, with the object selected. Then you can move the pivot to a desired location. This can be very handy for custom manipulation.
Good Luck

David