Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-04-2005 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber

strange things happening to maya...

Hi, something wierd is happening to maya.. im not very good at explaining things but here we go. Imagine two squares stretched (two rectangles) user added image === === If i place the rotation pivot of one of these rectangles into the middle (say for a finger joint) for somereason when i rotate it, it distorts the shape of the rectangle (or what ever shape it is..) it squashes it so it would be more of a square... instead of a rectangle. but it i rotate it back it would rotate it back into a rectangle. if you want my model to see just ask. but i think its some wierd setting in maya as appose to my model. ill post 2 pics below to show what i mean.

user added image

Before roate

user added image

after rotation.. this has been rotated on one axis. in the front viewport.

Ive no idea why it is doing this but if anyone knows i would realy appreaciate some help, ive got lotsa work to do.

Thanks, Matt

# 2 03-04-2005 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
I'll take a guess that this is particular object is parented to another object and thus has inherited the parents tranform node data. Try unparenting then adjusting the angle.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 03-04-2005 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
user added image i dont know how to parent objects, but it seems they managest o group themselves :p (i dont remember doing it. and i ungrouped em and it woked user added image thanks for the help!

matt