Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-01-2003 , 01:48 AM

I am so sick of working on this...

I hope it's finished...

# 2 29-01-2003 , 09:04 AM
Kevin
lol, love the title!

I didnt see this before now so Its new to me!

Looks nice, inside the door area looks a little incomplete and you need a splash area around the bottom of the fountain to give a more realistic look user added image

looking nice though mate

# 3 29-01-2003 , 04:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think this image would look a lot more dynamic at a sunset or even an evening time... with the lights by the door lit with some cool shadows going on.

Also, I think the biggest thing that jumps at me, is how clean everything looks. Dirty it up a bit! user added image

Lookin' good! It's not uncommon to get bored with a project. If you need the creative pick-me-up, work on something new for a while and come back to it.

# 4 29-01-2003 , 09:59 PM

getting down and dirty

Since you think the door area needs more work, could you give me some suggestions?
The idea of setting the scene in the evening is very intriguing! I will give it a try. And thank you for reminding me about the splashes around the fountain!
And since I am just a beginner, could you give me ideas on how to make it dirty?

PS: so now I have to go back to that thing... I said I was sick of it!
user added image

# 5 30-01-2003 , 09:33 AM
If you're sick of this image, I'd definitely take a break from it and work on something else. You may learn some new techniques or come up with some new ideas that you can apply to this project.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 03-02-2003 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Hey Silviapalara.. just one thing that i have learned a long time ago and it does work for anything... If you are sick of the project that you are working on, then you really need to figure out what you LOVE and model that! So for instance, I love fantasy things and things that could never be real.. along with VERY cool machinery/cyborgs. So thats what I choose to model user added image. Even if you have to do something that you dont like, try to make it funner by encorperating something that you enjoy user added image.

As for this scene, good job! Im not really the one to be giving advice when it comes to modelling though user added image.. so i cant really lead ya in any real direction... as for dirtyness though i would open your material for the ground (the bricks) and then open it in any graphic editing program.. and add some "almost" black (more of a dark brown) blotches to it, that are kinda suttle.. dont go overboard!. Maybe try adding rust to certain metal objects, and mildew to the textures on the wall user added image. That is what I would do personally in Photoshop with my Airbrush tool and paintbrush tool.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 03-02-2003 , 06:53 PM

tahnk you!

Thanks for the support about getting sick of projects...
Actually I love to model architectural elements, landscapes and so on, so I enjoyed working on this. Problem is when you are a beginner like me you have to go back to it so many times to fix little things, that after a while you can't stand to see it anymore.
I am actually following the suggestion of letting it be for a while,
and maybe I will come back to it in a bit. What I notice also is that
maybe I bang my head against the wall in a project because I don't know how to solve a specific problem, then later on, while I am following a tutorial on something else, I discover the solution.

# 8 08-02-2003 , 04:05 PM
Simply Maya OG
The brick wall looks kinda flat, how about a bump map? And if you already have one, make it less flat. But then agian, it could just be my horrible eye sight.

- Hybrid