Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-11-2005 , 10:59 PM

House (realism)

Yes, I'm sorry, I dumped all of my old projects (again), and I started a new one. No I have not forgotten about our contest Joopson user added image. Here it is, about 2 hours of intensive Maya modeling.

Attached Thumbnails

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 2 25-11-2005 , 03:20 PM
Some details on the window. Ill redo the little lock thing. Its low quality clay render.

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 25-11-2005 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
Greets,
not much to critique yet, but I did notice that some of your edges are rather hard. I guess that doesn't matter so much at this point, just be sure to throw on a bevel on those edges later.

I think one thing that is strange is the indentations in the shutters. I think the beveled border between the inset portion and the rest of the shutter should have equal slopes - meaning I think you should take the inset face and scale it up a little on the Y axis so that it will be even with its border.

Anyway, that's pretty much all for crits. It's looking good so far. Keep it up.

# 4 25-11-2005 , 05:54 PM
look good but...where is the door.

# 5 25-11-2005 , 05:56 PM
Not having a single clue about what you just said or what you mean, I took a screen shot of the shutters up close, and I can't tell whats wrong with them, they look just like the ones in my room :confused

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 25-11-2005 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber
ah man, I meant the shutters,

user added image

just some basic nitpicky things. Sorry I couldn't explain it too well. Anyway, it looks good, keep it up.

# 7 26-11-2005 , 04:25 PM
Thx man! Appreciate it! My computer crashed yesterday and I lost so much data on my lower floor, im kinda discouraged. Anyway, thanks for the info, but in my picture of the house I am modeling, which is not my own, it looks like that. Thankls for trying to help though. Aprreciate it user added image