Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 22-05-2006 , 02:42 AM
updated Rear... as the old one was butt ugly.

Attached Thumbnails

# 17 02-06-2006 , 11:05 PM
new colorsuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 18 03-06-2006 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
nice modelling but from a design concept car stand point its not the best car in the world dude.
firstly the door doesnt look like it actually finishes at the bottom end there looks to be no sill which really not a good idea because that means the whole car would fall in on its self.not good lol.it also doesnt look like the car has any waistline or shoulder lines may want to look at that.
the front looks alright not amazing need some work on the headlights but then again some concepts lately are very similar.
the rear well the first rear i saw was a bit against the theme if you know what i mean.i saw the word hybrid and then i looked at the render and so two huge exhausts glad to have seen those go.but the rear which you have changed it to well first the lights need to be changed because the really aren't nice.the lower bumper line needs to be changed because it looks unfinished and the over hang is out of proportion with the rest of the car and it is to toyota celica.

I don't mean to be horrible and mean and i know it does seem like it i am just expressing my views from a design stand point i hope you take these on board.but as i said there is nothing wrong with modeling itself its the design thats all.

# 19 06-06-2006 , 05:03 AM
Simply Maya OG
If you look at the ref images in that last render, you can see that he's basing everything off the Celica (mainly because he's in love with Celica's). As far as the rear of the car, I dont see any 'design' issues. The door issue, I understand. You need an actual frame of the car, if not....its no good. Also, what does the "Hybrid" post have to do with anything? And dual exhaust....I see no problem with that. Maybe the engine is a V6 or a V8. I know your not bashing his model, but still...some of the points you brought up, arent really an issue. Its all design. Hence "concept". :nod:

- Hybrid
# 20 06-06-2006 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
i aint bashing his concept either its very nice it has some nice lines and proportions to it im just giving my opinion. i have some experience in this area so i was trying to give advice i didnt mean any harm by it.i dont have a problem with a dual exshaut system just they seemed to big for a hybrid car thats all.

# 21 07-06-2006 , 02:47 AM
Simply Maya OG
..Its not a hybrid car. I was accidently loged into his computer (beacuse we're roommates....) and he didnt realize he was loged in as me. thats where the hybrid post came from.

- Hybrid
# 22 07-06-2006 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
ok sorry mate i didnt mean any offence by my comments cause i respect your modelling skills i no how hard it is to get a car looking really good and yours does.and if it isnt a hybrid then the exhausts are cool by me.

# 23 08-06-2006 , 10:26 PM
okay lets see if i can hash some of this out.

The seam, boarder under the door is there and i will get a render showing it.
I dont understnad what you meant by it has no shoulder or waist lines...

And about the headlights they are not completed, only a shell, and the trunk and taillights are incomplete as of yet.

The bumper is unfinished as it has no lower section.

So the only areas you seem to have problems with are the incompleted sections, and any other problems seem to be taste in design issues so to each their own.

# 24 12-06-2006 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
as i said before i didn't mean any offence by my comments i was just going by what i read and saw in the renders thats all so i am sorry

all cars have certain lines, the shoulder line usually is coming from the top of the fender and follows underneath the side windows of the car to give it width and definiation to the upper and lower of the car.the bmw 6 series is a good example of this especially near the rear fender where it curves downward creating the high boot, a waist line is usually a lot more subtle it can be used to change the reflection of light and create shadows and highlights it will also help to break up a side profile so it doesn't become to slap sided.
this is what i have been taught so this is what i know don't take it as the real thing.

# 25 14-06-2006 , 10:43 PM
Well. heres another update. not much visable in the seen.. but its there. Mostly the new spoiler, altered rear window, and altered side view mirrors. Nothing too major thats visable.

# 26 15-06-2006 , 07:15 AM
Is there a picture or has my PC gone mad?? (Which is very probable)

# 27 16-06-2006 , 02:45 AM
there was a picture... i dont know where it went to heres it again.

Attached Thumbnails

# 28 16-06-2006 , 03:42 AM
err.. the gi joe made the paint look flat.. i think i might make it a flat default material and get a render.. just to see the lines better.

# 29 10-07-2006 , 07:16 PM
Ive been working on this still... and i rewoked the front bumper slightly. I added a grill for 2 areas of the front bumper. ANd i have redone the rear bumper at least 4 times. Still havent come up with a design i like.

I deleted all textures as i decided they were distracting and i remodeled the tail lights. I plan on remodeling the headlights as i dont think they look good. And the way i originally modeled them makes it difficult to work with them further, so completely remodeling them might actually save time.

Well heres the image.

*note* i also added a dore handle but i have it on the other side of he car. I havent put it on the other door yet.

Attached Thumbnails

# 30 10-07-2006 , 07:26 PM
and the rear.. as you can see i have a lot of design issues to deal with on the rear bumper. Ill be trying several more styles. Hopefully ill find the right one. I think im going to try something similar to the scion Tc Rear next.

Attached Thumbnails