Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-06-2008 , 03:26 AM

Horse/Dragon creature

This little guy might end up being a pivotal character in my film senior thesis. Of course, I'm new to Maya, so much of my questioning here will be related to him. Unfortunately I can't begin until I get the full version of Maya instead of the PLE. Anyway, a few edits:

The animal's horn/spike on his head will be changed to one on each side, and curving down to his chest. They will act as a sort of natural armor and defense for the rider as well.

It will be based on brown colorations instead of green.

It will eventually be emaciated.

Attached Thumbnails

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 2 06-06-2008 , 05:34 AM
Color change and Horn additions.

Attached Thumbnails

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 3 06-06-2008 , 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
I do believe someone can be good at 3D and not so good at 2D and vice verse but a basic understanding of anatomy,perspective and shading would be very benificial in all your artistic efforts. If you hadn't mentioned this was a dragon I wouldn't have guessed. My advice is that you improve your skills in these areas.

- Genny
# 4 06-06-2008 , 09:03 AM
My appologies for misleading. It's not a dragon per-say, or any other specific creature that exists in mythology or on earth. But yes, I have a deficiency in anatomy knowledge. In fact, I don't know where to begin to get that kind of knowledge, other than school, which is out of the question since my line of study is quite apart from it. If you could suggest some way of me learning I would definitely do so.

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 5 06-06-2008 , 12:45 PM
not the best way but one of the way is (for those addicted to net) downloading the artistic/anatomical pdfs and books via net and studying them or buying same kind of books in stores; but still u can't learn if u don't have enough drive to study each n every thing related and not just one thing. for eg, you have to study behaviours too so that it'd b easy to working on anatomy....