Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-08-2008 , 06:10 AM

New to Maya 2008.......Help

Hi,

My name is Jason were I currently reside in the U.K. I am currently getting ready to start university to do computer game design, and over the last couple of months have been working on Maya 2008 with great difficulty. As a newbie to the art of Maya could anyone recommend any books or sites to try and develop my skills on this piece of software further???

I have been dripping at the jaws in awe at some of the stuff you guys throw out ere:bow: :bow:

I have done a few youtube tutorials: like the spaceship! A solar system (standard form) no detail, it was from a chapter in a book someone handed to me...

I just do not have a clue.....Talk about a learning curve.:headbang:

Were do I begin

All help greatly appreciated..

Jason

# 2 25-08-2008 , 06:27 AM
That book that has the solar system project was sort of helpful to me (I found it a little late)

There are lots of tutorials here on simplymaya, and even if you're not up for buying anything you can at least try out the free ones or ask someone on the forums for help with something.

Just try googling for specific tutorials, that's where I get a lot of mine =D

~I have no idea what I'm doing~
# 3 25-08-2008 , 07:03 AM
Subscriber

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 4 03-09-2008 , 04:24 AM
Banned
i got problems abt lighting.....