Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 76 10-12-2008 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
Murambi, I truly don't blame you!! I would not have paid that either!! Even as much as I wanted to learn interiors. I really wish it was available as I know you would like learning interiors. I searched for a good tutorial on interiors, and this was all I really found, well as detailed as this was. But not worth all of that money!! Sorry!!!

And also thank you for the nice comments about the lights. I enjoy the texturing also. But tend to get hungup on things too easily and fight a color weakness.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 77 11-12-2008 , 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Hey, hey, hey you can't go around posting photos and passing em' off as renders dammit! LOL :p Seriously though, those renders are seksy. Hot job on this.

/thumbs up

- Genny
# 78 11-12-2008 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
GecT, HaHaHaHa!!! Yes, I have been to that Crossbar Hotel before. Very good GecT!!! Thank you for the nice words!! I will never get over the fascination when you watch things be created in your render window. When I see it, I feel my contributions seems so minor and almost embarrassed to take credit. Hope that makes sense!!!

Thanks once again for your kindness GecT!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 79 11-12-2008 , 09:46 AM
Very Very nice work!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 80 11-12-2008 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber
Thanks gster123! You all have been very kind in your comments! Thanks!!!

# 81 14-12-2008 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
Afternoon everyone. I am going to post an update. But I know the material on the wheel is not very convincing at all. I have worked at it a couple of days now and this is as good as I have gotten. Need to leave it like that for now and maybe after I finish the rest of the texturing I will be better prepared and have a fresh look at it. I didn't texture the brake caliber as I hope to make a better one. And the tire I hope to do the sidewall and tread also. But for now I will move on to something else as many other things to texture for now.

I do hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit. This year has went so fast!!!

Attached Thumbnails

# 82 17-12-2008 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
Good morning everyone!! Sure a rainy day here! I am going away to my daughters and grandsons for the holidays tomorrow and my girlfriend came by and gave me my gift. It was Vray for Max. I am torn as to staying with the texturing and rendering in Maya or Max. But right now it is a new toy and think I will use the model to learn with. So I am going to end this WIP as I am not rendering in Maya right now. I do all of the modeling in Maya as I am comfortable with it. I am carrying on, sorry!!

I am uploading a .ma version of the model, including the interior to the download site here for models. It is not textured or sub-d in the version I am uploading. But all of the pieces are there. It was saved in 2009 and if you have 2008 and above and select 'Ignore Version' in the options box when you use open under file. It is save as an .rar file and hope that is not a problem

I do appreciate and thank everyone for the nice and kind comments. And I wish you all a very happy holidays!!

I posted it and did not get any errors, but it does not show up. Maybe they need to check it first. I will check later and if it is not there I will repost it.

Attached Thumbnails

# 83 17-12-2008 , 08:31 AM
very nice oldhippie_tom - thsi model is looking excellent. make sure you post up any more renders that you do, whether they are in mental ray or vray. user added image

# 84 17-12-2008 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
Arran, it was my pleasure. I hope that everyone enjoys it. I appreciate you liking the model, as I have spend alot of time, and yes grief, with it. But I am making it for my grandson as he just turned 16 and I want it as good as I can.

Of course, if you would like to see more renders, I would be pleased. Just didn't know if that would be ok. And you guys are the only ones that see what I do.

Thanks Arran and I hope you have a great Christmas!!!

# 85 20-12-2008 , 12:52 PM
Awesome work.

I can't find the download in the download section though! I went to Models > Vehicles, but it wasn't there. Can someone give me a link to it or something? I'd really like to look at it more closely.

# 86 23-12-2008 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber
Bluethunder, sorry for the delay in responding. I am not at home and just now got a connection. I didn't see it there either and have uploaded it once again, and no errors were indicated. But still I don't see it there. I would have liked for all of you to have had it and getting it from here at SM would have been better.

When I get home after the holidays and it isn't there I can try once again.

And I am very thankful that you like my work.